Monday, January 9, 2012

Another day....

After morning practice....I come to a place of clarity within myself....

Yoga chita vritti niordha: Yoga controls the fluctuation of mind.
One of the great benefits of yoga....one I work on with every practice as I go deeper and deeper inside myself...

I have received a tremendous amount of love and support to continue to write my blog, which I was planning to continue to do yet not publish it as I am enjoying my writing process so very much. Writing on a laptop is so cathartic for me....it flows when I type verses writing with pen and paper...the expression is much deeper. The comfort the writing was giving me....feeling so alone being half way across the world in a strange new environment, trying so hard to adjust to my new surroundings, to fit in....somehow this blog gives me so much comfort....I dont feel so alone...


The support I received from my mom was so very special to me....the encouragement....the love....lifted me up....means so much I find it so difficult to put into words...the energetic expression of loving tears stream down my face....I love you mom....I thank you so very much!

I was feeling so hurt by what people thought of me, my writing, my actions....I began to criticize myself I let my ego take over and started to hurt myself....by pulling away, withdrawing....getting angry....lashing out....My ego was telling me dont let them see you vulnerable, they will know you are defective, bad (a historical learned behavior).   My oldest sister reminded me of this....I am very grateful for that....the love and support she gave me...a blessing...a very special gift.

Sometimes when we are feeling hurt, it can be helpful to remind ourselves of a basic truth: some people will like us and some people won't...some people will enjoy what we have to say and some people won't... Everyone is seeing each other through the stories we create. You. Me. Everyone....No matter how hard I try, I will fit with some and not with others....with acceptance of this truth I can be myself....a good friend to myself and I don't feel hurt.

When we learn to accept, surrender and let go....spirit moves in....I become open to feeling everything inside....I feel safe, ok, unafraid. I begin to see more clearly....I realize I am facing parts of myself that have been triggered....that have always been there...No one made me feel this way...they simply touched a place in me that was not clear and needed healing....healing begins....I get to the other side....the true essence of who I am emerges....my heart blossoms....I connect with the love,  light and purity of who I am....this is the growth....this is the gift...this is what I have to share....and so it is!

So I have decided to publish what I write....to accept, surrender and let go of what people think of me.....and just be me....a beautiful spirit of light, love, peace and joy....sharing a lonely journey to mysore, India.....with the intention of love and inspiration....


No comments:

Post a Comment