Saturday, January 7, 2012

A full nights sleep

I sit this morning in the lovely garden of the green hotel sipping my morning indian coffee feeling incredibly blessed to be here.....Today is my day off from practice, I miss practice yet it is nice to have a leasurely morning with no thought of having to work....such a sweet feeling....headed to a confrence at 10am at the main shala with Sharat....I so look forward to meeting him and hearing him speak....

Slept through the night for the first time....woke to the dogs and monkeys singing once again but this time it did not keep me awake....I have learned how to sleep through loud noise....no need for using white noise to sleep any longer....It is amazing how having some good sleep can make us feel....bringing in a new perspective....I feel like I am really here now....I suppose what I was experiencing the last few days was jet lag and did not really get it as I never experienced it before....now I get it....my mind wanders to what the experience will be like when I return home...then I stop the noise bring myself back to this moment...no sense in even going there....progress....I am really making progress ;0))

I had such a fun time last night....went to dinner with Nnadi, Chuck, Revi, Mariel and Marian.....such fun....I really cannot wait to move into my house and be in the town....we all met at the coconut shack and walked up to this restaurant (which I cannot remember the name) a place Revi (a local mysorian) reccommended....it was really fabulous food....and the company just marvelous....Chuck ( a yogi with a yoga studio in New Jersey)...you crack me up!!!! Then walking back into town in the dark of night....town still jamming....it is like NYC in a way....so many people....so much to see and do....so much going on....alive....Said goodnight to Mariel and Marian 2 great gals from massachusettes on a 4 month tour of India, they are here in mysore for 1 month....met them both on my first morning ride to practice....they started out staying at the green hotel and have moved into a house....My night ended with Chuck asking mahesh....my rickshaw driver to drive us around town in his pimp of a ride with some great indian music blasting..much fun was had....Chuck's spirit is a total blast of fun.....a perfect end to another wonderful day.  

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lorna.

    Great to see you've caught up on sleep. Read your posts to this point with great interest. You've already had quite a journey. You sound like you've made it your own already. !

    We are headed back tomorrow. Seema like we just got past our jet lag. :(

    ReplyDelete