Friday, January 6, 2012

Such a great day....day 3

Wow....thats what I have to say about this day....absolutely amazing....it gets better and better each moment I am here....

My day started with another amazing practice....no sobbing or tears today though....thank goodness....Sawaswati just had me hold my calfs in backbending....piece of cake....it actually felt really good....it is so sweet to practice in the heat....my body can go so much deeper with greater ease....I love it....so be easy on yourselves my lovely sag harbor yogi buds....practicing in the cold is not easy....the body just does not want to bend in the cold....never mind grab your ankles in backbending......


Finally,  met up with Nnadi after practice at the coconut wagon, love him, such a sweetheart of a guy....it was a fun chat getting caught up on the local sag harbor bhakti yoga breakfast club, he loves your pen Aura....with him and making new friends....we all made plans to take a jaunt together over to the Mysore Zoo tomorrow....should be another fun day. After 2 coconuts it was time to go back to the hotel for a nap, shower and something to eat...got back and crashed....a sweet nap...I did not want to get up....feeling like sleeping during the day as in sag harbor that is night time....I push myself to get up and have some delicious indian cardamom coffee to kick my butt in gear...When I am then visited by a monkey in my room...I left my door open, I wont be doing that again....he quikly left as 3 indian women were shouting outside my door woman ahhhh woman.....it was sweet....then 2 more monkeys came along hanging out outside my door.....then off to noon time chanting at the shala.....well, I missed chanting as I was suppose to be there at 11:45, but that was not what I was told....Its ok...I go next time....I meet up with Nnadi again.....this time he changed his hair do....he shaved his head......funny when I saw him at first my first thought was wow....there is another tall black dude here that looks like nnadi....LOL....it was him....looks great!! We walk down to the other coconut hut where all the yogi's and yogini's hang out....trying to decide what to do....I want to explore....there is so much to see....Nnadi introduces me to a guy name Levi.....we start talking....he is a local....I shared with him how I want to study ayruveda but I am not sure which school to go to or where to get info....it is true what they say god sends us people at the right time....well, he says I take you....I hop on his scooter ( man they drive craaaazzzzy in mysore) no helmets....just crazy...take my word for it.....Levi takes me to a place where I can study Ayruveda....I am excited....he then tells me he does ayruveda massage....hmmmmmmm I thought I was just talking to myself this morning about how I need a massage....so, I ask him if he can give me a massage today....he says yes....2.5 hrs for 10000rupees....that is only 20 american dollars people....it was the most amazing healing massage I have ever had....amazing....I left there feeling amazing....had only a little time to get showered and ready for kirtan....I was feeling so happy and excited for this adventure.....when I got to the hotel I had another delicious meal of vegetable curry and rice.....the food is so incredibly good....I am so loving it.....Had the coconut chutney today Frances....amazing!!! The Kirtan was beautiful....so many people.....so much fun....full of love, light and joy. Then ended my night with a night ride on Levi's scooter ( a little scary at night) he tells me dont be scared....be open....you will be ok.....Yea right I am thinking these indians drive like crazzzzyy....I could hear my dad in my head telling me to be safe and dont do anything stupid....well, I thought is this what he would mean by something stupid??? Well, it was lots of fun....he took me for some delicious vegetarian icecream....better then the gelato in miami aura....I didnt taste all the flavors though this time....just settled for pistachio....it was lots of fun....good conversation....amazing icecream....he then took me back to the hotel where at one point he drove on the opposite side of the rode against traffic....trust be open I told myself as I have permanent metal marks on my hands for holding on so tight.....the end to what was such a great day......

As a traveler on a path to love, I am learning to open myself to whatever comes my way, fear, hurt, neediness, joy, bliss, love, companionship--I invite it in, observe it, make friends with it and let it pass. This way of being...staying awake....alive....open....frees me from holding back and allows me to feel the roar, purr, glow and breath of my spirit sensuous and alive....I FEEL GOOD~~


A poem from Rumi....
"The spiritual path wrecks the body and afterwards restores it to health.  It destroys the house to unearth the treasure and with that treasure builds it better than before"

No comments:

Post a Comment