Saturday, January 14, 2012

Going with the flow....

So today I completed my full 6 days of practice here in mysore....I am making progress in my practice...it feels good....can balance on my feet in pasasana....no rolling of mat....saraswati says "no, you do correct" my shoulder is not hurting as much in backbending when I hold ankles and now calves....loving the heat and how it so much easier, I dont know if easier is the right word, as there is nothing easy about this practice.... hmmmmm, well...I do know for sure that practicing in the heat feels a whole lot better than the cold.....

it is saturday afternoon....day off tomorrow sunday....going to head to the market for a little shopping ;0)) at least that is the plan....let's see what the universe says tomorrow.....

I was feeling a bit jet lagged, sad and lonely yesterday after morning practice.....there are going to be days like that I tell myself and its ok....it just is....

The loneliness comes from being in a new place a new world and not knowing anyone, there are 300 yogi's from all over the world studying here now, the most ever so I am told....I do see my friend Nnadi, which is sweet and fun to have a familiar face in the crowd....but most of the time he is off doing his thing and we get together with friends for dinner and at the coco hut once in a while, but all in all I am alone....I love my alone time and I am ok with it, however some days I feel sad....wish I had a partner to share this experience with....for now my partner is me and it is all good....learning alot about myself....my likes...dislikes...what makes me happy....most of all my inner strength....to be strong and confident in certain situations...particularly those time of dealing with money and the indians... I dont want to be taken advantage of, they see I am a woman alone, I notice it is different when I am with others and how they charge me, I dont think it is an intentional thing or maybe it is, I know they just want money, really nice people, but as I remember corey telling me "you need to be careful"....one indian(a rickshaw driver) actually asked me how much money I was exchanging when I was getting a ride to the bank, "none of your business" I responded. Oh, and I cannot forget about the guy at the grocery store who checked me out and gave me back less change than I was suppose to get, could it have been an honest mistake, yes....well, my instincts told me different just by his reaction when I said he did not give me back enough change....a nice little business he's got going for himself.....I ask myself, why is this happening...Karma....what do I do in my life to bring this to me....when people come to the hamptons for the summer I dont charge rediculous fees for my services...even though I could get it....people tell me I am crazy for what I charge...I talk it over with some friends at lunch....they say "no its not karma....just the way of India."  

I am also learning alot about myself in regard to meeting new people and being in a new environment, a new community of yogi's,  a 3rd world country....No matter how I feel at the prospect of meeting new people and doing new things--clear and confident or nervous and tenuous....the task is always the same....to walk the path of knowing who I am, learning to see others clearly, and dropping my images and expectations so I can live more from my true essence...but being smart about it and using my intellect....this allows me to take the daring plunge into connecting with new people....I am learning how shy I truly am....despite that I teach in front of a room full of people have spoken publicly in front of hundreds of people.....here I feel incredibly shy and uncertain....

I had all these plans in my mind of what I wanted to do yesterday...an ayruvedic adjustment....cooking....pool....shopping....dinner with friends....kirtan....yet, my body was telling me something else so I canceled my adjustment and cooking class so I could rest....needed to listen to my body....took a 3.5 hour nap....pushed myself to get up as I did not want to be up for the night....went to have some lunch at Karma house a delicious tofu vege plate with some chai tea today no coffee....stopped off at a sweet shop that I passed while walking and bought some really pretty things very cheap....then decided I needed to clean up the awful pedicure I had a few days ago and went to the salon right in town here in Gokulum....it was great....I think the closest to a NY mani/pedi I am going to find....even better in alot of ways much much cheaper...only 450rps=$9.00....amazing.....and thats for a spa mani/pedi....a happy girl....lots of pampering going to happen on this trip....I then went home and decided to have one of Anu's delicious smoothies for dinner and some ginger/lemon/honey tea....OMG....sosososo good....the food is so very satisfying....I thought I would push myself to go to the kirtan, which was held right up the road.....walked in and I just was not feeling up to it....so I left, went home and fell to sleep around 9...slept right thru until 5am...got to sleep a little longer as today was a 6:30am class day no mysore....what I am learning is there is a rhythym here for me to stay attuned to....following my instincts and going with the flow instead of making things happen....when I go with the flow things are easy I feel good peaceful....when I am not in the flow...I feel frustrated agitated....good to pay attention, which I have plenty of time to do....

Was feeling achy in class today....funny how when I have no sleep....my practice feels great and when I have lots of sleep....I feel achy....hmmmmm....ok what is up with that Corey?? Utpluthih was not as hard today....only had to cheat once :)) and saraswati did not catch me this time.... Was not feeling tired though after practice...a good thing...feeling well rested....was invited to meet Rachel (a gal from New Jersey) at Nuki's for breakfast, a place I had never been to yet and then go chill at the pool. She gave me directions, however I could not find it....was feeling really frustrated as when I asked the indians I saw for help no one new what I was talking about...I walked all the way there and up to chakra house about a 30 minute walk, was feeling really frustrated as my blood sugar was low and all I had after practice was a coconut...after breakfast went up to the pool hoping to meet up with Rachel, but did not...after some great conversation with a yogi from germany, the clouds kept coming in and out so I decided to leave and head to Anu's for one of her delicious buffets....again my mind racing with all the things I want to do....its interesting to watch how I am not use to just being from working so hard this summer....was always in a rush to get stuff done as I had to get to work by 4....6 nights a week....was working 7 nights a week the last month before I left.....partly for the money and mostly to keep myself busy....here I dont have to keep myself busy....I can read, write...sip tea.... relax....study....shop....sit by the pool...get ice cream....relax some more....take naps....it is different for me.....I like it....I am already planning in my mind my trip back here next january.....

I would not want to live here....at least at this point in my trip that is my opinion....I have only been here 10 days.....I am feeling alot of gratitude for my life in the hamptons....

No comments:

Post a Comment