Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A quiet day....

I sit here in my room....feeling tired....been up since 4:30....and I am just now settling into relax mode....started outside in the lovely garden, however it is beginning to get dark....too many nats and mosquitos...so I snuggle up in my cozy bed with my best friend these days....my laptop....I really look forward to this writing time....I am so enjoying it....

It was a quiet day today...relaxing....I feel peaceful...the dust has settled....my mind is quiet....a good place....

Started out back to 5:30am practice after having 2 days (sunday is my day off and monday was a moon day) off I look forward to it...back home I would take a lead class on moon days, however here in mysore....moon days are holidays....celebrations....no practice....

Practice felt good...sweaty....deep deep inside after all the chatter of mind I have been moving through the last 2 days...I was determined to go deep....drishti, breath, bundas....
It is time for backbending....my shoulder is hurting today....hasn't hurt since my therapeautic ayrvedic massage and treatments 2 days ago, however with all the emotional stress I put myself through the last 2 days...it is a bit achy....Saraswati comes to me for drop backs...I whisper to her "my shoulder hurts a bit today"....she says, "you no grab today" with a sweet loving smile....I come up after my drop backs where I walked my hands to my feet but did not grab....she said with a warm smile and slight giggle, "I told you no grab today"..."you almost took feet on your own"...we giggled and she moved to adjusting me in my forward bend....I really like her...a sweet woman....

I decided it was a day of self-relfection to sit a b by the pool today....a lovely day it was....chatted with some yogi's from Tokyo....it is amazing how there are so many yogi's here from all over the world....it was quiet at the pool today....nice...definately got my tan back on....

I then was picked up by my rickshaw driver and it was time to head to The Corner Icecream parlor....had me some fig\honey icecream on a cone today....so delicious after a hot couple of hours in the sun....It was now time to head over to The Karma House to sign up for a class on ayruveda....so excited about that....Ravi lives close by so I stopped by for an  ayruvedic adjustment on my shoulder to ease the pain....and that it did....moved the energy feels a whole lot better....now off to the coconut hut to  meet up with Kino McGregor and Tim Feldman had such a heart felt conversation with them both.....love love love them.... finally it is time to head back to The Green hotel for my last night....I move into my house family tomorrow.....another adjustment, but that is ok too....

oh yea....a big lesson for me yesterday in loving kindness.....
Oh my gosh....had my first indian mani/pedi yesterday....started out good, but ended a bit of a nightmare for me....Kino reccomended this place above The Green Leaf up town or The Southern Star she told me as I passed, her and Tim cruise'n on their motorcycle....I chose above green leaf as I was close by and a walk away.....The prep was good the cleaning, primping, massaging, but then it came to color....OMG....I swear it was like a 2 year old was painting my toes.....The New Yorker in me wanted to fume....the yogi in me....remained calm and did not want to hurt this woman who was trying so hard to make me happy....ok but I had to show her how to paint them and clean up the mess from missing my toes with the nail polish and getting it all over my skin, and it took 3 times of painting and redoing...OMG, it was really bad....it was a mess....2.5 hours later...holy s**t ...one of the great things about NY I suppose is you are in and out in a half hour and I mean really, how could I expect a NY mani/pedi in mysore-maybe you can, I just haven't found it yet, next time it is the Southern Star....anyway....There was a greater lesson here for me....not about the pedicure or how it looked....how I treat people....how I could have been a real demanding NYorker or graciously express my disappoinment (when I was feeling....I mean so damn frustrated) and still leave her a good tip as the first part of the mani\pedi was great and the manager did give me a 10% discount to make up for the mess.....there is a tiger really being tamed in my heart right now..... kindness reflects a warm open heart....instead of instantly casting a stone at this woman, I needed to look inside myself....Loving kindness doesn't suggest we have to like everyone's personality or what they do or how they do it, but we dont have to throw anyone out of our hearts either when they do something we dont like (something I am really good at doing) when I went to say goodbye....the manager said we hope to have you come back....my mind thought...nope I wont be coming back but what I realized in that moment was when you say good-bye to someone or decide not to  see them again, anyone, even a manicurist....remember you are a moment in their story....dont make it a scar....

Good night.....

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you decided to keep blogging, you have put a lot out there on both your experience and your thoughts, and both are very interesting and instructive. Thanks for taking the time and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are awesome,,,,well said Lady,,,,xxoPenni

    ReplyDelete